Who Are We?
Clothe Me Co-Op (CMC) is 100% donation-based children's clothing & service ministry of Kenmore Alliance Church, made up of volunteers from all over the WNY community. Donations are given to us with the intent of being a blessing. We exist to bless families throughout WNY with very low/no cost children's clothing and other items.
We carry all sizes and types of items for children from newborn through teens; to include clothing in sizes newborn to adult large, maternity clothes, shoes/boots, baby/toddler gear, children's books, gently used/new toys and more.
The 2nd Saturday of each month from 8:30-11:30am (occasional Friday evening 6:30-7:30pm).
Once a month our gym is transformed into a "store" for WNY families, foster families, teachers, social workers, etc. to shop for children who need it. The distributions are held the 2nd Saturday of each month. Occasional Friday evenings are announced on Facebook.
We also take appointments for emergencies & special needs.
CMC is open to the WNY community. We do not ask for personal or financial information. We are here to be a blessing, and expect our guests to treat it like the blessing that it is.
CMC Distribution Day Arrival/Line Up Policy
- The building will be unlocked at 7:30am to line up inside, and distribution starts at 8:30am.
- CMC guests should not arrive on church property any earlier than 7:00 am. Kenmore Alliance can’t provide for the safety & security of guests outside the building prior to opening; and we want everyone to be safe & don’t want children/adults exposed to the elements. Waiting outside prior to 7:30am is at your own risk.
- Line up and shopping at CMC is first come, first served. Entry order numbers will be provided to guests based on each adult’s physical arrival at the door.
- There is NO saving places in line outside or inside for later guests or for those waiting in their cars.
- All beverages must have spill-proof lids inside the building.
- No alcohol, drugs, or cigarettes allowed on the property, period.
- We ask that everyone be kind and courteous to fellow guests at all times: Please no yelling or foul language, and physical aggression of any kind is unacceptable (pushing, shoving, etc.).
- All donations to Clothe Me Co-Op are given with the intent of being a blessing to WNY families; so, we expect all guests to treat this service like the blessing that it is with your words, actions and attitudes.
- The building will be unlocked at 5:30pm to line up inside, and distribution starts at 6:30pm.
- CMC guests should not arrive on church property any earlier than 5:00 pm. Kenmore Alliance can’t provide for the safety & security of guests outside the building prior to opening; and we want everyone to be safe & don’t want children/adults exposed to the elements. Waiting outside prior to 5:30pm is at your own risk.
- All other guidelines, policies, pricing, etc. are the same as our Saturday distributions.
CMC Childcare Guidelines
- Free childcare available for children up through 6 years old
- We offer up to 2 childcare rooms split by age (0-2 years old and 3-6 years old). If adequate childcare workers are not available, the nursery only will be open.
- Drop off times are 8:30am-10:30am
- All children must be picked up by 11:00am
- Older children (3+) may stay in nursery with younger children if splitting them up creates to much stress on the younger child(ren), if space is available
- All children must be signed in and receive a numbered sticker. Parents receive a corresponding guardian sticker that must be presented to pick up each child.
- Nursery limit is 12 children at one time (limit 5 if only 2 workers). Toddler room limit is 15 children at one time (limit 7 if only 2 workers).
- There is a 45 minute time limit on childcare (enforced strictly when rooms are full and children are waiting)
- Childcare workers are not responsible for changing diapers, taking children to the bathroom, or providing food. A parent will be called to assist their child(ren) if the need arises
- Please do not drop off any child if sick (fever, bad cough, sore throat, thrown up, or diarrhea, etc. in the past 24 hrs)
- For everyone's safety, approved and vetted childcare workers (teens and adults) only allowed in childcare rooms.
- Clothing*: .25 cents or $1 new with tags (nwt) (Ex: everyday shirt, sweater, sweatshirt, pants, shorts, capri, skirt, dress, pajamas, hat, gloves, etc.)
- Shoes: .50 cents or $2 (nwt)
- Books/DVD/CDs: .25 cents - $1 (as marked)
- Infant Items/Gear: Priced as marked (generally $5 or less, $10 max)
- Toys & Kid Gear: Priced as marked (.25 cents - $5, $10 max)
- *Premium Seasonal Items*: .50 cents - $1 or $2 (nwt) (Ex: thick winter coat, snow suit, boots, or winter gear; Easter, Halloween, or Christmas outfit/item; etc.)
CMC is ENTIRELY donation supported. Donations of new &/or clean, gently used children’s clothing, shoes, & other items are always welcome.
- Clothing sizes accepted are all children/youth sizes (preemie/newborn–youth 20), all junior sizes, adult clothing sizes XS-Large, maternity, and all shoe sizes (especially sneakers & boots).
- All clothing should be freshly washed with no stains, rips, tears, or excessive wear.
- All shoes, baby/toddler gear, baby items, books, and toys should be clean & in good working order.
- Donations can be dropped off in the CMC donation bin inside Kenmore Alliance Church anytime the building is open and/or during any of our CMC events.
- Wednesdays from 9:30 am - 2:00 pm
- Thursdays from 9:30 am - 1:00 pm
- Thursday evenings from 6:15 pm - 7:45 pm (October-April)
- Set-up: 2nd Friday of each month for set-up in the gym between 9:30 am - 3:00 pm
- Additional days and times and seasonal changeover events happen occasionally and are posted on the CMC Facebook page.