KAC Serves has not shut down during the COVID-19 Crisis! The compassion ministries of the church (Clothe Me Co-Op, Shelterless, & Table of Grace - now called KAC Serves) have partnered together and have been working and running stronger than ever blessing WNY individuals and families during this time.
WHAT WE ARE DOING:
Volunteer teams are collecting, sanitizing, organizing, and packing emergency personal hygiene, toiletry, baby/toddler care, & food supplies at the church, and then handing them out two ways: via a drive-up service at the church and to the homeless/temporarily sheltered through our Shelterless Ministry. Additional volunteers are making sandwiches and to-go meals for homeless and street ministry.
We are accepting donations of GENTLY USED AND CLEAN clothing and shoes.
NO books, toys, or gear at this time!
HOW CAN YOU CONNECT AND SERVE?
KAC Serves has CRITICAL and ONGOING needs for volunteers, physical donations, and funds. As this crisis continues, more and more families will be looking for help. People are hurting and fearful, and we have a wonderful opportunity to show them the love of Christ through these ministries!
1) Serve with your time:
- Volunteer at the church (sorting & packing items), please sign up here or contact Rebecca Henderson
- Volunteer in the community with Shelterless - Contact Will Marcy
- Volunteer at home making sandwiches or “to-go” meals – Contact Maria Bampton
- Volunteer at home making homemade masks – drop off at church
- Prayer is powerful – lift us up in prayer for protection and provision
2) Provide donations of needed items. As this crisis continues, more and more people are looking for help. We distribute hundreds of items weekly & must restock.
- Full list of items we are collecting and distributing to families is posted below. Many of these items have purchase limits at the store & can’t be ordered online. With a little help from everybody, we can have a big impact!
- SEE SIDEBAR for the most critically needed items right now.
- Donation drop off: Convenient drive and drop times every day (Monday-Sunday) between 9am-3pm at KAC in the vestibule of new building. 1) Pull into the loop by the new building doors, 2) Enter vestibule (1 door will be unlocked during posted hours), 3) put donations on grey cart, 4) thank you!
3) Support Clothe Me Co-Op & Shelterless financially. CMC is carrying the cost of expenses operating at KAC, while Shelterless is carrying the cost of community outreach. Both need your help and can be supported via giving options listed on our homepage (http://kenmorealliance.com/) by writing/typing either ministry name in the “memo” or “other” box.
Kenmore Alliance Church is set-up to come alongside you and your family during this difficult time. We have a quick, easy, and no-contact drive up service every Wednesday and Thursday between 9:30am-12:30pm at our church (175 Bonnett Ave, Tonawanda 14150). Occasional evening options available & will be posted on Clothe Me Co-Op Facebook page & Sign Up Genius). If you do not have access to transportation, contact firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll try to assist within Erie & Niagara Counties.
This service is free and open to all WNY families. Individuals and families can sign up EVERY TWO WEEKS AS NEEDED! Free handmade masks & Panera Bread (bread, bagels. pastries, etc.) available as well first come, first served.
Step 1: Sign up for a time slot here. Clothes and shoes available curbsideL IF NEEDED, include the gender(s) and size(s) in the comment section.
Step 2: Arrive during your time slot & park by ORANGE CONES in SIDE PARKING LOT. Please be respectful and show up for your time slot - no shows keep others from receiving assistance.
Step 3: Ring door bell & come inside first set of doors. Wear mask covering nose and mouth at all times.
Step 4: Fill out the Emergency Request Form for needed items. To save time, you can print, complete & bring form w/ you
Step 5: Volunteers will use the "Emergency Request Form" to select & pack requested items (as available), while you wait and bring to you. Generally takes 10 minutes per family. Emergency clothing/shoes available upon request only (limits per person).
EMERGENCY ESSENTIALS COLLECTED AND PROVIDED, as available:
Toiletry/Hygiene/ Household Essentials:
- Toilet paper
- Paper towels
- Hand soap
- Sanitizing wipes & cleaners
- Hand sanitizer
- Laundry detergent
- Dish soap
- Toothbrushes & toothpaste
- Dental floss & mouthwash
- Bars of soap
- Twin blade disposable razors
- Shampoo & conditioner
- Socks & underwear (all sizes & genders)
- Diapers & pull-ups (all sizes)
- Baby wipes
- Bottles & sippy cups
- Baby formula
- Baby food & infant cereal (rice/oatmeal)
- Kid shampoo, body wash & lotion
- Baby blankets
Basic Pantry Food Kit:
- Peanut butter/jelly
- Box of cereal/oatmeal
- Mac n cheese
- Canned veggies/fruit
- Canned protein (tuna/chicken)
- Bottled water